Reply To: November 16 Devo

Home Forums Women’s Chat Devo Group November 16 Devo Reply To: November 16 Devo

Diana Turner

Thank you for the encouragement, Liz.  Loneliness is such a complicated emotion, because it can come from so many different causes. Whether it’s the physical separation from loved ones that we’re all experiencing now, or feeling like we’re not accepted or understood by the people we’re with, struggling with inner conflicts or hurt that no one knows about, or being let down by people we trusted, and so on–every one of us has experienced loneliness. God promises us over and over in Scripture that he will never leave or forsake us, but it’s hard to take hold of that promise sometimes! I do find it interesting that God works through the concept of family–he calls us his children and in the church family, his intention is that we should be able to find connection and love as brothers and sisters through our common relationship in Jesus. But even in the church family, we can feel lonely at times–and I appreciate that Liz has encouraged us to own the emotion, knowing that it is real and legitimate. Psalm 139:7-10 “Where can I go from your spirit . . .” is a beautiful reassurance that God is always with us.