Topic

Home Forums Women’s Chat Devo Group November 16 Devo

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 day, 2 hours ago by AvatarDiana Turner.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Liz TurnerLiz Turner

Hi all! I have a message on loneliness today:

I’m going to make a note here, too, that if you are having trouble coping with loneliness (or anything else– having trouble getting through the day emotionally), it’s okay to seek professional help. Sometimes our brain chemistry goes off just like our body chemistry can, and we need a little support to get back on track.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by AvatarWebmaster.
    • #15721 Reply

Thx Liz, I think  loneliness is a huge problem right now! It is good to be reminded we are not alone and also that we should not hesitate to reach out for some virtual company!!

• #15749 Reply

I agree loneliness is a huge problem since the pandemic, especially so for the shut ins. God’s grace, through Jesus, places us in a spiritual family, so we can take care of each other. Thank you Liz for reaching out to us sisters so we can encourage each other.

• #15750 Reply
      whitneyelysewhitneyelyse

Thank you for this encouraging post Liz! <3

• #15887 Reply
      fiona.webbfiona.webb
      Participant

Thank you Liz. It helps to have loneliness acknowledged. I can imagine so many years ago when there wasn’t any quick means of communication and how difficult it would have been. I am thankful for the technology we have today. Thanks for sharing 🙂

• #15922 Reply

Love this  and very true. Isolation is hard right now.

• #15947 Reply

Thank you for the encouragement, Liz.  Loneliness is such a complicated emotion, because it can come from so many different causes. Whether it’s the physical separation from loved ones that we’re all experiencing now, or feeling like we’re not accepted or understood by the people we’re with, struggling with inner conflicts or hurt that no one knows about, or being let down by people we trusted, and so on–every one of us has experienced loneliness. God promises us over and over in Scripture that he will never leave or forsake us, but it’s hard to take hold of that promise sometimes! I do find it interesting that God works through the concept of family–he calls us his children and in the church family, his intention is that we should be able to find connection and love as brothers and sisters through our common relationship in Jesus. But even in the church family, we can feel lonely at times–and I appreciate that Liz has encouraged us to own the emotion, knowing that it is real and legitimate. Psalm 139:7-10 “Where can I go from your spirit . . .” is a beautiful reassurance that God is always with us.

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: November 16 Devo
Your information: