Topic

Home Forums Women’s Chat Devo Group November 2, 2020 (Whitney, video)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Watch the video of click the link!

https://www.biblestudycentral.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/VID_20201030_223335.mp4

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by AvatarWebmaster.
      • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by AvatarWebmaster.
    • #15425 Reply
      Liz TurnerLiz

This is sooo good today, Whitney, thank you. Does anyone want to make a pdf of this passage that we could print for ourselves? Great one to meditate on.

• #15427 Reply
      Liz TurnerLiz Turner

Me again, I signed in! Here are some discussion questions, if anyone wants to reflect and share today or throughout the week:

1. Can you think of a Biblical example of someone turning to God as a refuge when it seemed like the world was crumbling?

2. What are some practical ways we can bring our cares to the Lord and find our centre in Him?

3. Would you like to share a time when you were aware of God’s faithfulness, even when circumstances were painful or chaotic?

• #15428 Reply
      whitneyelyseWhitney

Hi Liz! I can make a pdf and share since I have the notes anyways 😊 I’ll be back with the reflection questions during Thatch’s nap 😁

• #15429 Reply
      whitneyelysewhitneyelyse

1) My first thought is David throughout the Psalms. I randomly opened to Psalms to chapter 31 and it’s actually such a great example of David putting his trust in God, leaning on Him to be his refuge and strength. I really recommend reading through it, I think it’s a “new” favorite passage of mine!

2) I think some practical ways to bring our cares to God and centering around him are by prayer and digging deep into His word- really allowing God’s word to permeate my mind. I think doing devos like these with our fellow sisters (and co-ed studies too) really help strengthen our faith and helps keep our focus centered.

3) I really resonated with Hannah and her grief and struggle and pleading with God to bare a child. (I do realize and acknowledge that whether God granted me a child or not He was still faithful and I would continue to be faithful to Him.) I will forever be grateful to God for giving me Thatch and like Hannah (or sort of like Hannah) who lent her son to the LORD, I will do my best to bring Thatch up in the Lord.

• #15431 Reply

Whitney, I like your choice of Hannah. I recall our sister Philomena recounting one ladies day how she was shunned by her husband’s family because she could not produce a child…a son. She said she was heartbroken, but God heard her cries and gave her not only one child but many.
      Psalm 31 tells us of the joy of being in God’s presence:
      1. The storehouse of goodness for His children so that all people will see the result of His grace to us (v19)
      2. The protection He provides for us- His armour and His Word-so we can stand firm in the Lord
      3. The faithfulness and mercy He offers us-He hears our cries in good times and in bad times

Thanks Whitney for bringing Psalm 31 to our sharing so we can be reminded of the faithful, loving, and powerful God we serve.

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: November 2, 2020 (Whitney, video)
Your information: